Yuneec Q500 4K, CGO3, 1x Batt, SG, Colour Box
The Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K is the next step in aerial and ground cinematography thanks to its amazing Ultra HD 4K camera, it’s ultra steady 3-axis gimbal, the Steady Grip hand camera mount, it’s massive 25 minute flight time as well as its all in one controller. Not only that but the entire Typhoon package is ready to fly in under 2 minutes allowing you to always be ready to capture the action!
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k Quadcopter Aerial Photography Drone Review: Package
Out of the box you’ve got the drone itself, a little lens protector (used for protecting the screen on sunny days), a motor clam, four spare propellers, a charger (240V, with a bouncing charger on the bottom, ST10+ transmitter, CGO 3 Steady Grip, CGO 3 4K Camera, 2 spare 3S 11.1V 5400mAh batteries, one 1 X Cigarette lighter style car charger (so you can charge your drone directly from your car), 8 GB SD card which also comes with tutorials for the novice users and, of course, you will get the aluminium case so you can carry your drone safely wherever you want.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k Controls
The Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K can be the perfect choice for those who are new to the drones but want to buy a good quality drone as the drone is top notch quality and the learning curve is very accessible. The controls are fairly easy and the drone will return back if it flies more than 300 feet away from the controller. The drone also has a “follow me” mode which makes the drone follow the controller autonomously in a steady way from a safe distance. It also has the “watch me” mode which makes the drone focus the camera solely on the pilot regardless where it flies. You can make the drone return back to you with just a push of a button from the controller.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k Quadcopter Propellers And Battery
This new version has new propellers, reinforced and much stronger than the original ones, it features a new color scheme, it has 2 landing gears which absorbs the shock making the landing much smoother and also protects the camera from touching the ground. Also at the back of the drone you’ve got the battery base so you can change the batteries quick and easy. The flight time is about 25 minutes, some users felt that the charging time is a bit too long but you can avoid that with the replaceable batteries.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k Camera
Probably the most anticipated thing about the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K Quadcopter is the CGO 3 4K camera. As the name implies the camera shots videos at 4K (1920X1080 and up to 120fps). The new camera is a 3 axis stabilized camera, has a digital video downlink opposed to the previous one which has an analog one, it is attached to a gimbal which helps it to avoid being hit with debris, dirt and stuff like that while making it look very nice, and it takes a lot of vibration helping you get smooth and stable video footage. Yuneec spent some time working on the color bounce making the colors look as natural as possible and also the camera has a non distortion lens as opposed to usual fish eye lens which will make your horizon look bent.
The ST 10 is definitely a good improvement. Instead of having to use your tablet or your smartphone as the viewfinder you can use the controller’s 5.5 inch touchscreen display for that. Unfortunately there’s a bit of lag between the controller’s screen and the camera but for viewing telemetry data and taking shots the controller’s camera is perfect. The controller has special buttons and sliders for taking photo shots, video footage and adjusting the camera’s angle. With a switch you can change the flight mode: Smart, Angle and Home.
The CGO 3 Steady Grip allows you to use your smartphone as the drone’s camera viewfinder. Basically you just take out the drone’s camera and then you connect it and your smartphone to the Steady grip and you can take steady shots on the ground. If you don’t want to use your smartphone with the Steady grip you can just use the ST10 transmitter.
The Typhoon Q500 4K Key Features:
- Q500 4K Complete Ready to Fly system – No additional extras needed
- ST10+ Transmitter with 5.5” LCD touchscreen for FPV
- CGO3 Camera: 4K/30FPS UHD and 1080p/120fps video for slow motion, 12.4 Megapixel Stills
- Adjustable Camera Settings; Video Resolution & White Balance, Auto or Manually adjustable ISO and Shutter Speed
- RAW (DNG) or JPEG formats
- No distortion, 110° field of view lens for remarkable image quality
- 5 Flight/Function Modes: Smart (Follow Me, Watch Me) Angle and Return Home
- Up to 25 minutes flight times from the intelligent 5,400-mAh battery
- SteadyGrip ground handle with Tilt Mode for shooting memorable moments like parties, birthdays, weddings
- And also see what’s going on with the downloadable CGO3 mobile APP offering the possibility of 2 viewing screens to watch the action from (needs iOS 7 or above).
The Typhoon Q500 Box Contents:
- – Q500 RTF Airframe with Pre-Installed CGO3
- – ST10+ Transmitter and Personal Ground Station
- – LiPo Battery – 3S 11.1V 5400mAh (x 1pc)
- – Propellers/Rotor Blade (x2 sets)
- – USB Interface/Programmer
- – 8GB microSD Card with Adapter
- – DC 3S 11.1V LiPo Balancing Charger
- – AC to DC Adapter/Power Supply (UK Lead)
- – USB AC to DC Tx Adapter/Charger (UK Plug)
- – USB to Micro USB Cable
- – 3S 11.1V LiPo Balance Connector & Charge Lead
- – DC Automobile Accessory Socket / Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- – ST10+ LCD Screen Sun Shade
- – ST10+ Neck Strap
- – Motor Holder/Propeller Installation Tool
- – ProAction SteadyGrip (Included – Boxed Separately)